Thursday, July 31, 2008

catching up . . .

We have had a busy few weeks and I thought I'd catch up a little before we leave for our long awaited week vacation to Tahoe. The girls finished their summer school and had a blast. Faith did so well and is VERY ready to start up again at the end of August. Hailee amazed me in her minnow's swimming lessons. She was the BEST swimmer in her class and the youngest! She was the only one in her class that swam the ENTIRE length of the pool (olympic size pool) un-assisted! I about had a heart attack watching from the bleachers but her instructor was there if she needed help. This girl was born to be a swimmer and we are really thinking of letting her start league if it's what she wants to do. It's so neat to see her talents unfold. Faith did great in her swim lessons and is an expert at blowing bubbles. She still isn't sure about going underwater but she had a fun time which is all that matters.

My older sister Heather came up for a visit with my nieces and nephew for the day. Peyton turns 5 so we had a "mini" party for her. I made cupcakes and she was able to open her birthday present. The girls had a blast playing with her and Christian as usual. I haven't seen Taryn since she was a newborn and it's amazing how big she has grown already! She looks JUST like her big sister but with lighter features. My camera was acting up so I only got one good picture of her and of course she's sleeping so you can't see her big blue eyes. She's SUCH a cutie pie!

Our good friend Jill lives out in Rescue and she invited a bunch of us out to her place for a farm day. We had so much fun having a picnic under the shade and the girls got to play with their friends, swim and feed the pigs. Hailee thought the pigs were pretty stinky and stayed away from them. It was pretty funny because I told her that the pig's lived in a pig stye and she said "you mean like my room?"! Too funny. Faith LOVED the pigs and wanted to keep feeding them. She's definately my animal lover through and through.

My 3 girls!
Hailee my little ham ball playing with her friends


Faith with her buddy "Wilbur"

The last few pictures I have to share of are my cutie patootie baby girl. Faith left her pony house out and Tegan wanted to play too. Of course she goes right for the pony and shoves it in her mouth. I've posted previously that her first tooth broke through and the very next day she got her 2nd tooth. You can't see them very well but they are DEFINATLEY there. I'm actually glad she got them when she did because she was pretty cranky and that would have been no fun on our vacation. :o) . . . I also forgot to post that she sits up by herself now. It's like all these firsts are coming in a big cluster . . . next up is she'll be crawling! YIKES!


Well, that's all for now. Next posting will be of our VACATION! We are all SO excited and I'm sure I'll have lots of pictures and stories to share when we return. Check back in a few weeks for an update!

1 comments:

The Brooks Family said...

I hope you have an amazing time on your vacation and wish you lots of you and Aaron time!