backside of all my favorite people.
Is she looking for butterflies or picking apples? Not sure.
Well we weren't able to go up to Apple Hill on the Friday of the girls four day weekend and we didn't think that we were going to be able to go up at all that weekend because Aaron had to work. Well, we wake up Saturday morning to find out that he didn't have to work afterall! YAY!
We decided to head up to Apple Hill for the day. Our first stop . . . High Hill. I normally go up to Apple Hill during the week and wow what a difference! This place was PACKED!! Fun, but packed. We got to mosey through all the arts and crafts booths (got some AMAZING ideas!), feasted on a nutricious lunch of apple doughnuts, apple cider and kettle corn. Then we were off to our second stop. We headed over to Apple Ridge (formerly Pluebells) where the girls had a blast in the hay maze. They got to feed the farm animals and we wandered around the apple farm a bit more. We didn't purchase any goods at this farm because we were on a mission to find
a u-pick orchard so the girls could pick their own. Well, we headed back down the main loop and found just that. The girls were each handed their own bag (peck) and we were off to pick some fugi apples (yum)
The girls were trained on the proper way to "pick" apples. You do not in fact pick them. You - in Tegan's words - twist,twist,twist (picture her twisting her hips while she says this). After quickly - and I mean QUICKLY filling up their bags (these girls are efficient!) we were off to pay for the goods. While daddy was purchasing our 3 pecks (I just love saying that) the girls enjoyed swinging on some good 'ol fashioned tire swings. Not the kind you find in a park with chains all fancy . . . this was like a tire roped to a few poles. Yup. Good 'ol country swing. Love it. Want it.
After the sugar crash from our delicious lunch of kettle corn and doughnuts I figured we should offer the girls some healthy food. What better than some hand picked apples?? For some reason they taste SO much better than the store bought kind. Perhaps because they were twisted off with love and care from 3 sweet angels.
On the way home we HAD to stop by ZPie where we picked up a 6 pack of our favorite pies. Delish. We had SOOO many apples that I was able to come home and cook up some homemade applesauce which I'll in turn make apple muffins, apple cake and apple bread. Oh Apple Hill . . . how I love you. We will head back up and pick some Granny Smith's when they are ready in a few weeks so I can bake some apple pie's!




0 comments:
Post a Comment