Saturday, October 4, 2014

Starting fresh

My oh my.  I'm not sure why I've stepped away from this blog so long but it's due time I come back.  I love having this blog to go back and see where we have been and things we have done and memories created.  With that - it would take me a LONG time to go back and update this "GAP" in blog land of over one full year and 4 months!  So perhaps at some point I will do a recap of the year missing but for now I'm just going to start from square one.

School.

It's no surprise to anyone that we (okay - I) have been struggling with the issue of school since Hailee was in Kindergarten.  For a lack of better description I have never been at peace with where the girls were attending school.  It was either in a low income school that was borderline Title 1 or in the RICHEST school on the planet practically.  I have prayed over the girls and the situation and this year we did yet another school change.  We decided to put them in the schools they are supposed to attend because of where we live.  Over summer I was super anxious just not know how the girls would accept and adapt to this change.  For Tegan, it meant starting a new school without her sisters.  A school she was not familiar with.  However, she did know a small handful of kids that she attended preschool with so that was somewhat of a comfort.  For Faith, she knew our next door neighbor and another girl from church camp but that was it.  However, Faith struggled with friendships for the past 3 years so she and I were excited for the prospect of meeting nice new friends.  Hailee was the most nervous.  Here she is starting a new school the last year of elementary school.  Going in a new 6th grader to a place where she knows not one soul.  NERVE WRACKING. 

The first day of school came and Tegan and Faith nervously walked into their classroom and waved goodbye.  Hailee has her first male teacher and there were small tears her first day not knowing what to expect.  After hugging her goodbye she started her first day of 6th grade.  Aaron took the day off of work since the girls also happened to start school on our 14th wedding anniversary.  He comforted me all day while I was a wreck wondering how my babies were doing in their new schools.  After what seemed to be the LONGEST day in history it was pick up time.  The smiles on all three of their faces confirmed that we had done the right thing.  God has blessed us TREMENDOUSLY with this decision.  All three girls are thriving in their new schools.  Everyone has made friendships that I already see blossoming into something beautiful.  Hailee's anxiety has almost all but disappeared overnight.  She LOVES her teacher and her friends.  Faith is involved in almost all activities.  She's in choir, yearbook committee, fish club, running club and is trying to start an art club.  She has a great set of friends and her self esteem is at an all time high!  Tegan is a C3 (her classroom number) superstar and has made so many new friends and has rekindled her old preschool friendships.  It's so fun to see her in her own environment loving to learn! 

In all this I've learned a lot.  Patience that God's plan is bigger and better than mine.  I need to be quiet and listen to His voice and walk down the path that He has set before me.  I need to be able to trust fully in Him and not doubt.  By being faithful to the prompting of making this change - although VERY scary - has blessed our family beyond measure.  I leave home everyday HAPPY that my kids are going to great schools and making great friends.  I drop them off everyday thanking God for this blessing and for the first time in 7 years, I am at peace.  Let this be a reminder to stop and listen to the whispers of the Lord.  Sometimes, in those whispers our biggest blessings come. 

 
First day of 6th, 4th & 1st

 
Tegan loving her new playground!

 
Hailee and her new friend Audrey

 
Faith after her school jog-a-thon with her 2 best friends Brittany & Ayeshia

0 comments: