Tuesday, June 10, 2008

on her own

Trying to catch her toes . . .


My precious little baby


For weeks now I've been saying "tonight will be the night Tegan sleeps in her own room". Then when bedtime rolls around I change my mind and say "one more night with me". Well, last night I did it. I put Tegan to bed in her own room. I must say she did a lot better than I did. I spent most of the night looking at the monitor on my nightstand and I was up every 2 hours to check on her. She had an okay night for being in a "new" room and a "new" bed. She woke up twice to eat but went right back to bed. I told Aaron as we laid in our quiet dark room last night that it was a sad moment for me because my last baby has left the bassinet and has made her first move towards more independence. This morning I woke up to her talking and cooing through the monitor. I had to snap a few pictures of her in all her cuteness . . .

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is a BE-YOU-TEE this one! Bittersweet story, I can totally relate :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Ivie Family said...

What another gorgeous Smith baby girl! Mommy, I feel for you. Austin is going to be in bed with me till he's 10! Not really, but it sure does feel good to have all those cuddles and close moments with our children, doesn't it?