Wednesday, February 3, 2010

time is getting away from me

Our little winter garden. :)

Hailee up bright and early working on math homework. She's such a great student!

My little cheese ball.


Daddy & Faith at Corbin's party.



I realize that I have not posted much for the month of January. It seems like we really haven't done much (if you can believe that). The weather has been really foggy, cold and rainy for the past month so we've been staying inside a lot. We did manage to go down to Monterey for Corbin's 4th birthday. The girls all had a blast but of course Faith & Tegan ended up getting sick so we had to make it a day trip. Speaking of Faith, she's had a pretty tough time. About a year ago she started coughing - morning, noon and night. The Doctor said at that point it was "excersise enduced asthma" and that it was nothing to worry about. Well after a year of her coughing enough was enough. I brought her back to the Dr's and demanded they do something for her. The poor girl was coughing ALL the time! So they put her on an inhaler and singular. She was still having the coughing issue though not 24-7 so they adjusted her inhaler from a rescue inhaler to a daily inhaler (rescue to be used as needed). Then they ordered blood work for allergies. Thank goodness the allergies all came back negative and she's NOT allergic to anything. For awhile I was really worried she was going to be allergic to the animals and that would just be devastating since she's our animal lover and is the only one that gives the cats and dog attention (perhaps too much attention!). So now that we have all her meds figured out she has totally stopped coughing which is amazing and I'm so glad.

With all the yucky weather we haven't been able to do much with the yard. The only thing that we've done is planted a winter garden. This was our first year and so far so good. We've had a lot of yummy salads with the lettuces we've grown and our broccoli is almost ready to harvest. The only thing that didn't do so well for us was our brussel sprouts. I'm sure Aaron and the girls are happy about that. I'm the only one that LOVES them. Oh well, maybe next year they will do better. I'm hoping that by this spring we will have a very large garden to plant lots of yummy vegies for the summer harvest.


Here are a few photo's taken over the past month. It makes me realize that I really need to step up the picture taking. Time just seems to get away from me these days. :o)

1 comments:

Cardio Kidz said...

Chandra-I so know what you mean about time getting away...and the stepping up picture taking too. We've been busy but with nothing specific. Miss you.