Thursday, July 29, 2010

Farm day!

Tegan taking Nolan on a boat ride

Oink-Oink!

Here piggy-piggy . . .


Teeter-totter fun!


What a guy . . . taking all 3 Smith girls on a ride!

What's summertime without a picnic?

Splish-splash!

Finally, Faith has a smile on her face and is having some F-U-N!

Hailee, aka - fish


What's that I hear . . . . oh . . . . NOTHING! :)



Well every year we get invited to our good friend Scott and Jill's house for a farm day before they send their pigs and cows off to be slaughtered. Sounds a bit morbid but the kids (and I) really get a kick out of seeing these amazing creatures that God has given us as food. Might I add that I've eaten some of this home grown food and it's pretty tasty!

Anyway, we always look forward to farm day. I was actually getting nervous that we wouldn't be able to attend this year with Faith's surgery and all but it turned out to be on a PERFECT day and Faith was more than ready for some play time with friends. After all the friends arrived we took a short walk to the pig pens where the large swine greated us all with oinks. The cows must have heard all the kids becuase they were nowhere in site. Hiding no doubt from the children loudly moo'ing for them to "come". They figured if they spoke in cow that surley the cows would come running. No such luck.

After a visit with the pigs we all setteled into lunch with a yummy picnic spread. Delicious chicken pasta salad and green salad for the mommies and pb&j, blueberries and chips for the kids. The kids couldn't wait to dig into big chocolate cupcakes for dessert. Then it was off to the pool. After swimming all the kids of course wanted round two of desserts and since it's summer and a special playdate . . . what the heck! After over three hours of playing with friends it was finally time to pack up and head home. Of course I could tell it was a huge success because it was so quiet in the back. I turned around and saw all three girls passed out. Talk about a nice ride home for mommy. :)

2 comments:

Cardio Kidz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Thorne Family said...

So glad you gals were able to make it to our "annual" farm day. Love the picture of the girls passed out. Classic!