Tuesday, July 27, 2010

on the road to recovery and family bbq

Faith eating breakfast!

Tegan licking the batter

Chocolate face!


Aaron's a proud farmer!



Mirella and Tegan having a popsicle.




It's been a tough two weeks after surgery. I've been told it's difficult but never imagined it would be THIS hard. Poor Faith has lost quite a bit of weight due to her not eating. The sad part is that she had an appetite but was in pain to the point of tears when she ate anything. She ate so many smoothies, popsicles, ice cream and slushies that after about 4 days she just refused to eat any of those items. I think the only thing I could get her to eat without a fight was plain M&M's. Since I view chocolate as a major food group I figured she'd be okay! :)

After two weeks of pure pain the scabs on her tonsils FINALLY fell off. She is now making up for lost time eating any and everything in sight. Wich is good because she lost between 7-10lbs.! It's funny too because her sleeping habbits have totally changed and so has her voice! Her voice has gone up a few octives making her sound like such a little girl. She sleeps until about 9:30am every morning which I can only think that she's making up for about 5 years of non-sleep due to apnea. It's amazing how much this surgery has already changed our little girl.


The day before all her restrictions were lifted we decided to have a family bbq. We picked our watermellon from the garden (which was delicious), the girls helped me bake a delicious chocolate cake, we ate ribs, potato salad, bread and corn on the cob. The girls had a blast with their cousins and for me it was the kick off to the rest of the summer!

0 comments: