Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rest in peace

On Monday, August 2nd my poppy passed away due to a stroke. I keep with me many fond memories like the time he and nanny took Heather and I to Florida for two weeks. I'll never forget venturing out to Busch Gardens and how excited we all were because we got to cut the the beginning of rides due to him being in a wheelchair.

While the past 10 years seem to have gotten away from me and I was not able to visit with my grandparents as often as I would have liked I feel like God gave me one final opportunity to share a special moment with him. Just a few short weeks ago I was in San Jose and really felt the need to go visit with Nanny & Poppy. I brought the girls with me (wich I usually don't do) and Poppy got to visit with all the girls. I'll never forget the laughter and joy he had watching the girls. Tegan helped him up out of his chair and walked him to his seat at the lunch table and all three girls were able to hug him, kiss him and give him love. While they may not remember meeting their great-poppy or spending this time with him, I will never forget it.

0 comments: