Today is a very emotional day for me. I'm filled with happiness as I watch my baby girl transition to a big girl. Today she went from a crib to a big girl bed. Not only does she now have a big girl bed, but there is no more binkie. My sweet little Tegan is in that pivotal age in life where she is transforming into a big girl and it's happening too fast for me. Not only is she now in a big girl bed with no binkie, she's potty trained, no more sippy cups and she has opinions. While she is transforming at lightening speed I still can look at her and the sweet baby I gave birth to a few short years ago.
I'm also filled with saddness as this is the FIRST time I have not had a baby to fill the crib. When Hailee transitioned to a big girl bed, it was Faith's turn for the bed. When it was Faith's turn to transition Tegan was ready for the crib. Our crib was a very special piece of furniture, all three of my babies slept in it and it's been in use for the past 8 years of my life. Memories will forever be embeded in my head of each of my little girls learning to pull themselves up in it . . .bouncing in it for the first time . . calling for me to come nurse them or to come gather them in the morning after a long nights sleep.
Life sure does go by fast. As Tegan embracess this next phase in life as a "big girl" so too shall I.




0 comments:
Post a Comment