Thursday, April 7, 2011

a new home? WHAT?

Well it's FINALLY official . . . we are moving! We have been very quiet about this and I can't believe that we've been able to hold it in this long. Back in November we found an amazing house that was just way too good to pass up. We put in the offer and began to wait. Well it wasn't until the beginning of March that we got the good news and the bank accepted our offer (it was a short sale). Because it was a short sale we didn't feel comfortable telling the girls (or anyone else) about it until the keys were in our hand and it was a DONE deal. Well that day came on March 29th! That day also happens to be the same day we got the keys to the Sycamore house - 7 years ago! You know what the bible says about 7 years . . . it's the year of completion, and we are COMPLETE! So of course I'm sure you all want to know about the house. Well it's amazing. It has a big front porch (something I've always wanted) and it has room . . . LOTS of room. We will be going from a 3bed/1bath 1,190sq.ft. home to a 4bed/2 1/2 bath 2,000 sq.ft. home. There are closets on almost every wall (AMAZING!) and it also has an office. So not only is the house large enough to accomodate us for the rest of our life BUT it sits on almost one acre of horse property. Yes, you read that right, I can have a horse in my back yard! That has been my dream since I purchased my first horse when I was 18yrs old. The house is located on a dead end street in the most amazing school district. The girls new school is like nothing I've ever seen in my life. There is so much technology and programs offered at their new school that I feel like they actually have the chance to succeed now! Now, while I keep getting requests for pictures, I'm waiting until we have some "after" pic's to show with the "before" shots. As you know we LOVE home projects and this one is providing us lots of work. While it is a "newer" home (built in '94) it's a bit outdated. We are in the process of painting right now and I have landscaping to do in the front yard. So while you wait for pictures, here is a video of the girls reaction. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Cardio Kidz said...

We are so excited for you guys! Love the girls reaction. Can't wait to see it.

The Ivie Family said...

Aw, I am CRYING here! Congratulations!!! I'm so over the moon excited for you all. Can't wait to see your horse. The girls looked so happy, and Hailee was in shock. That was great!

The Ivie Family said...

The best part is when you say, "go ahead daddy" because I can just hear the excitement in your voice!!!!

Jenn said...

That was soooooo cute!! I love Hailee's "REALLYYY??" haha Priceless!