Tuesday, July 31, 2012

friends and family

 Faith, Hailee, Maddelynn and Makayla getting ready to tee it up!
 All the grandkids with Poppy and Grammy!!
Faith is ready for the LPGA tour! 


On July 12th my grandpa passed away very suddenly after a complication from surgery.  However, God is so amazing in that while one life was brought home to heaven, another was brought into the world.  My cousin's daughter was born the same day! 

While we had all planned to go to San Jose on the 22nd because I was set to run my first 10K in Santa Cruz it turned into a family/friend weekend.  Poppy and Grammy had Kaleb and Izzy and so we went straight to their house to have some fun time with family.  This was the first time that ALL of the cousins had been togther so it was extra special.  Just makes you really take a step back and remember what is important in life. 

After a nice visit, Aaron dropped me off at El Burro where I met up with some friends and enjoyed a night on the town!  I ended up having a sleep over at Samantha's house (after being up to the wee hours in the morning it was a bit rought getting started the next day!).  On Saturday we had planned on checking off another summer "bucket list" item.  Mini golf!  This is the first time we had taken the girls and of course it was super hot out but that didn't matter much.  After the first few holes the girls really got the hang of it and they had a BLAST!  Did I mention we met some of our very best friends there to make it even more exciting?!?  After a round of 18, we headed out to get some fro-yo and I had to turn in early for my big race the next morning! (I'll write more about my race later)

After my race I had to race back over the hill to clean up to make it to Grandpa's memorial service.  While memorial services are never "fun" my uncle and cousin did a great job getting people to laugh in rememberance to all the funny antics of Grandpa.  He will be missed and I'm so gratefull to have had him in my life.  After the service we had a gathering and some fellowship with all the family and my grandpa's friends.  After a VERY long weekend we finally headed home.  While it's always nice to get to see all our family and friends in San Jose, it's always SO very nice to be home. 

0 comments: