Friday, October 26, 2012

First day of school (a little late!)

 Hailee starting 4th grade and a new school!
 Faith starting Second grade!
My two sillies . . .


Well here I am close to Halloween and I'm just now getting around to writing about things that happened a month ago!  The start of the school year was well . . interesting.  There was a second that we were going to homeschool all of them.  I did all my research and really did have every intention to go through with it.  There are SO many positives to homeschooling and I really felt as if the Lord was guiding us to homeschool.  However, the week that school started I just did not have the peace that I expected.  To make a LONG story very short we prayed and we felt that the best option for right now was to put the girls back into school.  It's not to say that maybe it won't work someday . . . only God knows the future.  So, the girls were excited to start school (a week late).  Faith really enjoys her teacher and has quite a few friends in her class which has made it good for her.  Hailee for the FIRST time since starting school did NOT cry!  In fact she has been astounding me daily at how much she has matured.  Her teacher is a wonderful christian woman and has really helped Hailee (and me) with the transition to a new school.  I of course remain very involved with both classes and have decided to be art docent for the first time for Faith's class.  I pray that this will be a fabulous year full of growth. 

0 comments: