I must say that this has by far been the BEST birthday ever!! Who ever said turning 30 was horrible is terribly wrong. Where to start . . . I had the most amazing birthday weekend! It all started out on Friday (my actual birthday). Aaron had the day off!! He planned it so that he worked 4 10's and could stay home on Friday. What a sweet sweet man he is. Two of my best friends (Samantha and Lisa) also took the day off of work to be with me! Lisa came over early and brought me my FAVORITE Starbucks treat - a pumpkin scone, then we girls were off to get pampered. We went to a great day spa in Rocklin and got facials and massages. After hours of pampering we were off to explore the new and improved Galleria mall . . WOW that place is HUGE now! We ate lunch and shopped for a few hours before heading back home. For dinner we all went to Bucca De Beppo and ate WAAYY too much! Aaron totally surprised me and brought presents (again can I say how amazing this man is?). He bought me a new digital picture frame and the girls got me a gift card to starbucks.
So as if that wasn't enough on Saturday I had a day of wine tasting with a bunch of my girlfriends in the EDH wine region! You see, originally I was supposed to spend the weekend in Napa but that didn't work out for various reasons. Instead Aaron said I should go wine tasting for the day in our neck of the woods. He didn't have to tell me twice! In total there were 11 of us and I had the day planned out to visit my favorite wineries. We started at Holly's Hill then we skipped over to Sierra Vista where we had the most amazing picnic. After a few hours and few botles of wine we headed over to Lava Cap. It was pretty crowded by this time at the wineries since everyone wanted to enjoy the beautiful weather I'm sure. We decided to make our last stop Boeger. We found an empty picnic table and enjoyed a few more bottles of wine ate some more and chatted while the sun set behind us.
After a full day (and Lord knows how many bottles of wine!) we headed home. It was the most relaxing and enjoyable day I have had in a LONG time. I must say that I am very blessed to have such wonderfull friends and absolutely THE most amazing husband in the world! I am looking forward to this next decade of my life and if the start of it is any indication it will be the best yet!




1 comments:
That is SO awesome, I'm so glad you had a great 30th! You do have the best husband ever. Congrats again, the 30's are fabulous and it's about damn time you joined the club ;-)
Post a Comment