Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving has come and gone

Faith infront of the waterfall at my mom's house.

Hailee, Faith and Corbin swinging ~ too cute!


Hailee & Faith in the playhouse at my mom's



I can hardly believe how fast the month of November went. It seems like we had something going on every day in November. The Friday before Thanksgiving I had my very first parent/teacher conference! I was so excited to see what it was all about. Ms. Coony (Hailee's teacher) sat down with me and filled me in on all that has been going on with Hailee and went over her VERY first report card with me! Hailee is doing an amazing job in school. She received all 3's and O's (for outstanding). She is above the level of where she is supposed to be and is doing a fantastic job with reading, writing (now writes full sentences) and math. This week she goes on her 2nd field trip to Tricks Gymnastics. I will be chaperoning again and I'm so excited.

For Thanksgiving this year we headed down to San Jose. We got in on Wednesday night and Aaron went out with a few of his buddies for a night "on the town". I stayed in with the girlies and tried to get some sleep. Of course since we were at a new place (and all in one room) Tegan did not want to sleep. I finally got her to bed at 3:30am and then they were all up at 6am. We headed over to my mom's in the morning and it was nice to visit with everyone. I hadn't seen my sister's in quite awhile and the girls just LOVE their Aunties. After our visit we headed over to Aaron's dad's house for Thanksgiving dinner. This year his dad and Kelli bought a Tur-duck-en. Aaron ate it and said it was good, I on the other hand stuck to only turkey. Of course running on 3 hours of sleep and no nap poor Tegan was done (so was I!). We headed back to his brother's house and went to bed at 7pm.

The next day we headed down to Monterey to visit with Jen, Jason, Corbin and Carter. I can't believe how big Carter already is! Of course Faith and Hailee just LOVED playing with Corbin and I tried to get as much "Jennifer time" in as I could before our long drive home. It was SO nice to be home and in our own beds. We spent the rest of the weekend decorating the house for Christmas. I'm definatley in the spirit already. I've been dying for weeks to decorate and most all of my stuff is up. We've decided to make it a tradition to get our tree every year on Tegan's birthday. So on Friday we'll be getting and decorating that. I can't believe my baby girl is already going to be one year old on Friday. WHERE DID THE TIME GO!?!?!?

0 comments: