Monday, December 22, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year ~

I can hardly believe that Christmas is only a few days away! All year I wait for it to come and when it's finally here I can't believe how fast it came. Every year we take the girls out and look at Christmas lights. This year was no different. Friday night we all jumped into the car and went to our favorite 2 locations to look at lights. One neighborhood in Orangevale goes above and beyond on their decorations. One house even has a real Santa out front and they give away bags of popcorn. After we cruised around the neighborhood we drove out to our next favorite location out in Rocklin. Pretty much EVERY house in a 2 block radius just goes all out. Every house has a "theme" such as Little Mermaid, Cars, the Incredibles, Charlotte's Web and pretty much EVERYTHING you can imagine. One house this year had a bunch of carolers out singing and selling hot cocoa. The girls were amazed by it as usual and it was as great evening.

Saturday the girls helped me bake a bunch of Christmas cookies and make more candy for our loved ones. They just love helping me cook and bake and it's a treat for them to help make all the "sweet" stuff. As an extra treat I went out and rented the Candyland Adventure movie that they've been wanting to see and we all stayed up and watched movies together until pretty late.

We were really looking forward to church on Sunday morning. The girls have been preparing for the first ever Christmas Performance infront of the congregation. Of course since it was the Christmas message the church was packed out. I wanted Hailee and Faith to be able to see us when they came in so we sat in the VERY last row of church but right at the end of the isle and where we knew they would be entering. They walked in with the biggest grin and proceeded up the stairs to the church stage. The children sang a "non-traditional" version of Joy to the World. They did sign language while they sang and they were just adorable. Since we were in the LAST row and our camera sucks I didn't get many great pic's but I got a few and a little bit of it on video. They were so proud and we were so proud of them! After church we came home had lunch and then a lazy day around the house. Aaron and the girls cuddled up on the couch watching movies and I cozied up with a good book.

The girls are off on Christmas break for the next 2 weeks and so far it's been so nice having them home all day. I was sort of afraid of the "chaos", but so far it's been nice to sleep in, stay in jammies later than usual, cook yummy breakfasts, watch movies and play games all day. The countdown to Christmas is almost over . . . only 3 days to go and I'm SO looking forward to the girls faces on Christmas morning when they see what Santa has brought them.

Love to all ~

0 comments: