All 3 girls in Daddy's truck on the way to the campground
Emmy, Ashton and Faith have their eye on something out in the water.
For Memorial Day this year we planned a 4 day camping trip to Lake Folsom. Yes, it's only 15min. away from our house but we wanted to go somewhere close by for our first voyage in the trailer. We loaded up all the gear and headed out Friday afternoon. We made it to camp and scored an awesome site (I booked it months ago but had no idea if it was good or not). After unloading all the gear we fired up the grill. I must admit the first night camping was not the best for us. Tegan was totally out of her element sleeping with me and was up from 1:30-3:30am thinking it was play time. No good. Faith was up for the day at 6am and I was just finally getting some good sleep - oh well. Saturday was a fun day. Aaron took the girls to the beach while I stayed and napped with Tegan. In the afternoon we left the campsite to go to a birthday party (benefits of camping close to home!). When we returned we BBQ'd some dinner then headed to the beach for some more fun. After putting the girls to bed Aaron and I enjoyed some alone time under the stars playing cards and drinking beers. So relaxing! On Sunday we spent the entire day at the beach and had lots of friends join us. Lisa came out with the girls and our friends Mary & John came out with their kiddos as well. All of the kids had a BLAST playing in the water, building sand castles, swimming and enjoying each other. After spending the day in the sun we packed it up and headed back to camp. It was such a long day that we all crashed early. Monday we packed it up and were home by 9am - again benefits of camping close to home! All in all I'd say the maiden voyage in our trailer was a HUGE success and we can't wait to go camping again! Even Lady Bird had a blast!




0 comments:
Post a Comment