Saturday, August 22, 2009

final days of summer

Hailee posing - er um . . playing at the park

little daredevil Tegan

Snow Cones!!!


Hailee & Faith with their friends at Fairytale Town



Silly Faith giving me the "eye"

Um did you get any of that ice cream IN your mouth?


The camping crew - Tegan, Amanda, Ashley (Ian is missing?), Ashton, Faith, Emmy and Hailee & Tanner in the back



AJ & Faith on the teeter totter


Peek-a-boo!


yummy - mud soup!





Where to start. We've been very busy the last few weeks of summer. A few weeks ago the girls and I met up with Jennifer and Mirella at the flower farm in Loomis. What a great spot to take photo's! It was a quaint little farm with a little pond, gift shop and coffee shop. The girls were being a tad bit difficult - well it's not like it was Disneyland for them or anything! After a few hours looking around we loaded up to head home. Well when I got home I was SO excited to see all the wonderful pictures I took just to realize I drove off with my camera on the bumper! DOH! So I guess I'll just have to go back and do it over with a new camera (yet to be purchased).


So, last weekend we headed to Collins Lake with a few other families that we are good friends with. We all have trailers so we were able to get sites right next to each other. All of the kids are the same age (or close to) so it worked out perfect that the girls all had a playmate. It was a great place to go camping, nice sandy swim area at the lake, a nice big playground and they had a general store where you can buy HUGE scoops of ice cream for next to nothing. We all had a fantastic time and really enjoyed being able to spend a weekend away with such great friends.


So for the girls last week of summer break I decided to make sure they had some fun events planned. On Monday I took them to Fairytale Town with some other friends. The girls always enjoy going to this park and it was a fun day playing on slides, getting their face painted and their favorite was getting a snow cone before leaving. On Tuesday I packed them up yet again and headed out to Livermore Park in Folsom. This has to be my favorite water park to take the girls but it's also the favorite of LOTS of other people. Because of this I was sort of dreading going because I had 2 toddlers to watch over as well as Hailee and Faith. Well when we got there I was surprised to find it was just us and our friends that we were meeting up with. AMAZING! We had the whole place to ourselves for close to 2 hrs! The girls all had a blast, and so did I. After a few restfull days I once again loaded up the girls and headed out to another one of our favorite parks up in El Dorado Hills. It overlooks Sacramento Valley and has a great play structure. We again met up with friends and the girls had a blast.


On Monday the 09-10 school year officially begins. Hailee will be going into 1st grade and Faith will be starting her M/W/F schedule at Preschool. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. With these new schedules means that mine will be altering as well. If I thought my days were flying by before . . . I better buckle in for this ride! :o)

1 comments:

The Ivie Family said...

I love reading about your summer!!! You're such a good mother. I miss you and all of your beautiful baby girls too.