Every year I count the days until our passport wine weekend! It's such a fun day with friends and of course tasting the delicious wine in the El Dorado wine region. On Saturday morning Mimi came over to take charge of the girls and Aaron and I headed up to Jamie and Susie's house. We headed out to our first winery at around 11am. We started this year in the Fairplay region and tasted some fabulous wines. The wineries really go all out for this event and some have live bands and most all have great food catered in. With full bellies we headed over to the Apple Hill side to taste their yummy wines (and foods). At Boeger (one of my favorites) they opted out for the Z-Pie paring (BOO) and had gourmet Mac & Cheese which was interesting. However they did have free massages! I of course tried 3 times to get my massage and was out of luck. Someone was always in front of me and I wasn't about to wait in line when there was wine to be tasted. So by the time I got back to the massage area they were breaking it down. Oh well. After a full day of wine tasting we headed back to Susie and Jamie's house where the afterparty begun. Since we were all a bit liquored up it was a very interesting evening. Aaron was the life of the party with his jokes, pushups and his "show". After Aaron passed out with the cat (at about 9pm - lol) the rest of us decided to play some Wii. We had so much fun and during one of the games I fell backwards in the glider (that was broken) and I don't think we all laughed so hard in our entire life. After having such a wonderful fun filled, kid free day, Aaron and I headed to our hotel. Don't worry it was REALLY late and I was sober by this point. On Sunday Aaron and I slept in and then went out to breakfast before heading home to the kids. Back to reality . . . we are already looking forward to next year. :)
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Wine weekend 2010!
Posted by Chandra at 7:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment