Our poor little Faith. Everything seems to happen to this girl. I'm wondering if God allows things to happen to her because she is one tough cookie and the things she goes through never seems to dampen her spirits.
We had some friends over for dinner last night and all the kids were watching a movie while the moms were in the kitchen talking. She got on the back of one of her friends and then fell off from the couch and hit her arm on a space heater. She was in a ton of pain and crying uncontrollably (which is NOT like Faith). She couldn't move her arm so I knew something was wrong. Faith just does not fake things. It was about 7:30pm when we got to the ER. Of course being a weekend it was pretty crowded so we had to wait about an hour and a half before even taken back. After a lot of waiting (didn't get out of the hospital until 12am) and x-ray's the Dr. FINALLY came in to tell us she had in fact broken her elbow. Because of the swelling they put a splint cast on and she'll need to be seen by an orthopedic specialist on Monday.
When we were in the waiting room and the tears subsided Faith looked up with a smile and said "hey mommy, maybe if I need a cast I can get one with bunnies on it!". I of course relayed this onto the nurse who put the cast on and she took her sharpie pen out and drew a custom bunny on it. Faith was very proud and is such a trooper.





0 comments:
Post a Comment