Saturday, January 29, 2011

Snow day!

Faith could hardly wait to make snow angels!

Hailee did a great job!

Tegan and Faith having a snowball fight!


Faith found a hill to slide down!



Tegan is sliding down the hill . . . SO hilarious!


on the sled ride to the kids zone!

my handsome hubby soaking up the sunshine.

Hailee, Faith and Tegan on the carousel

me teaching Hailee some heelside stopping

and she's going for it!
Faith's ready to go down the hill!


Tegan and Faith sliding down the hill!

Daddy is working with Hailee now.

after hours of boarding she STILL has a smile on her face!

my 3 angels



What a wonderful day!! You would think that since Aaron and I are snowboarders and we live only a few short hours (if that) to the snow that we would be up there all the time. Well I am sad to report that in the 6 years we've lived in Citrus Heights we have only been up to the snow twice. Yes, that's right, twice. It's a crime I know.

Well we were invited up to Soda Springs for Camryn's birthday party! What a GREAT place to go for a party! All the girls got free passes to the kids zone where they had lots of fun things to do. Part of the package included a free boot and board (or ski) rental. Hailee had NO hesitation and said that she wanted to learn how to snowboard (music to my ears!). Well I jumped right on that and got her all set up in gear and then we took a ride on the magic carpet. Hailee did great! She learned all the "basics" on her first trip up. How to skate, snap in and un-snap. I taught her toside and heelside stops and how to traverse. I was (and still am) SO proud to see one of my daughters enjoy snowboarding as much as I do!! After awhile I switched with Aaron and he took over with teaching Hailee.

While Aaron was snowboarding with Hailee I took Faith and Tegan tubing and they also rode the tube carousel. They had a BLAST. Of course no trip to the snow would be complete without snow angels and snowball fights. We had such an amazing day that I vow that we will be going up to the snow A LOT more!

0 comments: