We are now a few weeks into summer vacation and I am just now getting around to writing about the last days of school and what fun it was. It was a very interesting school year. One filled with many ups and downs and that has left us with a lot of different emotions. I will write about all that later but for this entry it will be full of some ups.
The last few weeks of school Hailee's 3rd grade class turned back the clock and re-lived school days in the 1800's. They took a field trip up to the Bernhard museum in Auburn where I worked in the baking station and taught the kids how to bake biscuits. Hailee had to dress in period attire and learn what it was like to live back in the 1800's. I too had to dress up for the field trip and I learned quite a lot about life back then. I must say . . . I have NO room to complain about anything. Life back then was truly work - HARD work. It was fun to dress up and "pretend" to live back then and Hailee looked like she came right out of the pages of Little House on the Prarie.
The school put on a father daughter dance in which the girls were SO excited to attend. I love that the first dance they ever went to they were escorted by the most handsome man ever . . . their daddy! They had a BLAST and danced the night away. It was a memory they will cherish forever.
On the last day of school they had field day and it was super fun for everyone. While I didn't sign up to "work" I was there to travel with the classes and take lots of pictures! It was a hot day so the girls were happy there was a lot of water stations set up and they got to finish the fun with a popcicle. My favorite part of the day was the end of the day where the girls were greeted with a welcome summer sign they had to break through! Now we are onto a lot of summer fun!! Stay tuned!!
Hailee in the sack race
waiting her turn for the relay
Faith and classmates on the tug of war
Faith on the last day of school holding her picture on the first day of school
Hailee on the last day of school holding her picture from the first day of school!
Tegan on the last day of school holding her picture on the first day of school!
Hailee listening to the presentation given by one of the docents.
Such a pretty girl!!
"Ma and sister"




1 comments:
I love all your pictures!!! I love how you made the summer sign!! You are so fun!!!!!
Post a Comment