Tuesday, May 18, 2010

the garden is in


close up of the exterior. My Rosemary plant did okay with the transplant - thank goodness!

Here is our freshly planted "crop". You can't see it all too well because they are still babies. :)



I know awhile back I posted that Aaron was getting the garden fence built and the ground ready, well it's finally ALL in. The only thing that we really didn't finish was getting the fence painted antique white. We have the paint but I'd rather wait until the growing season is done before we paint the fence. As long as it's up and the netting is in place to keep all the critters out I'm a-ok with how it looks! So this year we planted a total of 8 tomato plants (3 are heirloom that were started by my aunt) 3 pepper plants, 2 cucumber plants, squash, zuchunni, cantelope, watermellon, corn and basil. I can't wait to see how our "crop" does! I'm ready for some yummy fruits and vegies! :)

2 comments:

Cardio Kidz said...

Jealous....wish Scott had my "area" set up where the deer wouldn't eat anything I planted. Sigh...maybe next year.

Though I will still get to enjoy the home-grown veggies from Chris...

The Ivie Family said...

Looks amazing! I hope your tomatoes come out well for your awesome pasta, basil and tomato dish you make! Can't believe it's been a year almost since our visit, and that backyard has changed so much! Great job, I'm sure it was a lot of hard work, but it looks like a very tranquil place to spend time.