me, Nathan and Heather spreading Adam's ashes.
Adam's service was held on Saturday May 8th. It was a beautiful service in which he was honored greatly. The honor guard was there and gave Adam a final salute, played taps and then they folded the American flag and gave it to our mom. After a VERY emotional evening Aaron and I headed back to Laura's house where all of our Wehinger family gathered and shared lots of laughs and reminiced about Adam and his life. On Sunday Heather, Nathan and I spread some of Adam's ashes down Lost Creek right next to our dad's memorial. Adam LOVED fishing on the creek and he (as well as I) had tons of adventures along the shores. The creek runs into Lake Creek then onto many others through the valley. We felt that Adam wouldn't have wanted it any other way. It was pretty amazing that when we were spreading his ashes there was a HUGE storm all around us. Crazy thunder and lightening like I haven't seen in a LONG time . . . however where we stood the sun was shining down on us. It was as if Adam was there letting us know it's okay and he's happy. It was a very bitersweet moment. Just remember to cherish EVERY second of EVERY day because life is too short.




1 comments:
Thank you Chandra for sharing this with us. God Bless you.
Post a Comment