Monday, September 15, 2008

What a weekend

Bye Bye pool . . . hello outdoor living space!


Our yard looks so big now!


Talk about a busy weekend! On Friday night Aaron and I went on a date to Mikuni's in Roseville for dinner. We were going to try and catch a movie after but there was nothing out that we were dying to see so we decided to browse CarMax. We found an amazing Expedition there that I of course fell in love with. It had automatic fold down 3rd row seats, leather interior, sunroof, new body style, drop down kids mirror . . this thing was FULLY loaded for only $12K! Well, we decided so to see how much we could get for our Expedition (bought it only 3 yrs ago from CarMax) and get this . . . they were going to give us TWO Thousand for it. THAT'S IT! So thanks but no thanks! I enjoy not having a car payment! LOL . . . apparently the market for SUV's is horrible because of gas prices, etc. so nobody is buying them - hence the cheap prices right now. DANG IT!



So, many of you know that we've been trying to get rid of our pool for quite awhile now. Well it's FINALLY GONE! We gave it away - yup you read that right . . . GAVE IT AWAY! I didn't care, I just wanted it gone. So I posted it on Craigslist (love that Craigslist) and the deal was they had to tear it down and haul it off without damaging our deck and the pump/filter had to stay (trying to sell that one). Anyway, Saturday a guy came and spent almost the entire day taking it apart. Aaron spent the rest of the weekend tearing down the deck. We are going to use the wood to build my garden fences and for some other projects. now that the pool/deck is gone our yard is HUGE! I mean . . HUGE! Aaron also chopped all the branches off our poor cherry tree. It was diseased, old and dying so we have to get rid of it. While I'm sad to see it come down, I'm excited because we plan on planting a grafted Cherry tree in it's place. We will also plant an apricot and a few citrus trees. I'm very excited about that!



Sunday was a busy day around the house again for me. I've been going crazy getting all of our junk together for a garage sale we are having this coming weekend. We have TONS and TONS of stuff to sell. I'm talking books, DVD'd, video's, CD's, Precious Moment's, toys, clothes, LOTS of glassware including NICE crystal and stuff from Crate & Barrell, yard toys, microwave, TV, decorative stuff . . . the list is about a mile long! I just want to get rid of all this stuff . . . my house is way to small to have it all. So spread the word or stop by this weekend for our HUGE sale!



The only real bad part of our weekend is that Tegan got sick. Well she's had a cold for a few days but you all know how we work over here. Cold = ear infection. So I took the poor baby in to the Dr's today and she has a double ear infection. This would be her 2nd one in a month poor little girl. I go back in 10 days to make sure it's gone so say a prayer for her to recover quickly and fully.



Well, I should get my act together now and go finish my laundry and cleaning. Hope everyone is doing well out there! Love to all . . .

0 comments: